The Minnesota Alliance for Nursing Education (MANE) welcomes interested academic programs and is committed to collaborating with nursing programs planning to adopt the MANE curriculum and join our alliance.
Adoption of the MANE curriculum is a significant commitment requiring support from campus administrators, faculty peers in multiple disciplines and student support services staff. Key elements of success are advance planning and early involvement of campus community. Implementation planning and activities will minimally require a calendar year prior to the proposed start date.
To begin the process of adoption of the MANE curriculum please contact FadumaSara Ali, MANE Executive Director: email@example.com or 651-793-1374.
Process for Interested Programs
Programs adopting the MANE curriculum will be asked to adhere to the following requirements.
- Notify the MANE Steering Committee of their desire to adopt the curriculum during the spring semester a calendar year prior to the year they plan to implement.
- Develop a detailed transition plan
- Provide updates to Steering Committee on progress towards adoption and possible barriers
- Follow collaboratively developed admission requirements and procedures
- Adopt the MANE Curriculum
- Each Collaborating College and Collaborating University agrees to use the MANE curriculum for delivery of its respective nursing program.
- Each Collaborating College shall award the Associate in Science Degree in Nursing and each Collaborating University shall award the Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in nursing on their respective campuses.
- Each Collaborating University shall provide the MANE Curriculum through:
- A dual admission program delivered jointly with a Collaborating College, physically located at the Collaborating College unless otherwise agreed; and
- Admission of students to the Collaborating University’s eight semester MANE Program Plan without admission to a Collaborating College.
- Each of the MANE Schools commits to promoting completion of the MANE BSN program by all program enrollees.
- Actively participate on MANE committees:
- Steering Committee comprised of Deans/Directors of Nursing programs and the MANE Executive Director
- Admissions and Advising Committee comprised of campus advisors, campus specific individuals responsible for MANE application and admission, Registrars and transcript specialists and the MANE Executive Director
- Curriculum Committee comprised of nursing faculty from all member institutions and Steering Committee representatives
- Faculty Development Committee (FDC) comprised of nursing faculty from all member institutions and Steering Committee representatives
- Research, Evaluation and Assessment (REA) Committee comprised of members from the Steering Committee and representation from college and/or university Institutional Research departments, with additional membership identified as needed.
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee comprised of nursing faculty from all member institutions and Steering Committee representatives
Fulfilling the Inter-agency Agreement (IAA)
To assist in the successful implementation of the MANE curriculum, upon signing of the MANE Membership Inter-agency Agreement, academic programs committed to adoption of the MANE curriculum will be provided with the following:
- Common course outlines for nursing courses included in the MANE curriculum
- Curriculum with pre-requisites and required courses and electives
- MANE developed application, admission and progression policies
- A contact at a like program which has adopted the curriculum
- Opportunities for representation on MANE committees
- Support for creating a timeline for adoption of the MANE curriculum
- Resources supporting adoption of the MANE curriculum with rationale for adoption
- Support in nursing accreditation substantive change reporting
See the guiding principles MANE works by
View our Conceptual Model to see how the program works